At Park Avenue Skin Care, our top priority is promoting and preserving your safety and wellbeing as well as that of our team. We are currently open for medical appointments only, by appointment only, and are preparing to re-open for non-medical appointments, at the appropriate time.
In preparation for our expanded re-opening, we are implementing the following safety precautions that align with and expand upon those recommended by public health authorities. We will also continue to monitor new recommendations and implement them as appropriate.
The following protocols have already been in place:
- COVID19 sanitization protocol of exam rooms will be done after each patient encounter.
- Diligent and frequent cleaning of all high touch surfaces.
- When you ring the doorbell a staff member will open it; please be patient.
- All magazines and newspapers have been removed from the waiting room.
- Efforts will be made to bring you directly to a treatment room to avoid use of the waiting room.
- Individual chairs will be used in the waiting room in the unlikely event you need to wait.
- Water is no longer available in the waiting room to avoid cross-contamination.
- Hand sanitizer is available in high touch areas such as the front desk, waiting room, bathrooms, and procedure rooms.
- We are limiting the number of daily patient visits to avoid congestion.
- Only patients and staff are allowed to enter office. No delivery people, building workers or salespeople will be allowed into office.
For our staff, we have added the following safety precautions:
- All staff members will wear masks at all times.
- All clinical staff members will also wear full-face plastic shields and gloves during patient interactions.
- Temperature of all staff members will be taken daily.
For everyone’s safety, we are also implementing:
- We are limiting the number of appointments to avoid overlap of patients and to have ample time to clean, disinfect, and sanitize surfaces and rooms.
- HEPA air filtration devices have been installed throughout the office.
- Carpeting is being overlaid with masonite for more effective sanitization.
We are also asking you to help us implement the following safety requirements:
- All patients are asked to bring their own mask and wear the mask for the duration of their visit.
- We request that patients come unattended, when possible; Please do not bring a friend or family members.
- When you make your appointment you will be asked for your credit card information to avoid your and our touching your credit card.
- We will take your temperature when you arrive and ask you to wash your hands.
We are also screening patients prior to their appointment and asking them to reschedule if:
- They are not feeling well, and particularly if they exhibit any flu-like symptoms, including cough, fever, and respiratory problems like sneezing and shortness of breath.
- They have recently been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (coronavirus).
- They have traveled by plane or been on a cruise ship or been out of the USA in the last 14 days.
- They have been hospitalized for any reason in the last 14 days.
Thank you for your understanding of this changing situation. If there is any way we can be helpful during these challenging times or if you have any comments on the above updated office protocols, please don’t hesitate to contact us.